- Have full access to database materials
- Learn from best practices
- Share knowledge and advice
- Network with your peers in Programme region and the EU
- Stay abreast of EaP Culture Programme developments
Return to all projects
Project "SOS Culture: Saving Endangered Cultural Assets in Remote Regions of Armenia and Georgia by Involving Local Youth in Their Preservation"
Countries participating in the project
Eastern Partnership Countries
Duration: 24 months
- To improve the conservation of and raise awareness for the neglected, ignored and endangered culture assets in the border areas of Georgia and Armenia.
- Empowering local villagers to estimate values of nearby monuments and create a strong sense of ownership, especially among youth.
- To promote inter-cultural cross-border dialogue including minorities and fostering democracy, civil society and equal access to culture.
- Youth empowering re. local culture assets.
- To raise tourists interest for the culture assets in the project region.
- To improve pedagogical capacity and practical skills of local teachers, youth leaders and other representatives of educational institutions in order to establish a sustainable working mechanism for the SOS Culture activities reaching beyond the project time-frame.
- To create an interactive SOS Culture website and database as a hub for cooperation.
Milestones / Results:
- Grass-route level - video-photo database of min. 10 culture objects in the GE-AM border region, DVD with short films about those culture assets, SOS Culture website, 200 young villagers trained in photo and video skills and historic assets documentation;
- Multiplier level - info campaign, 2 workshops for educators of different levels, youth leaders, a manual for teachers developed, educational material for children and youth developed; maps for hiking tourist and culture sites developed.
- FOUNDATION FOR THE PRESERVATION OF WILD LIFE AND CULTURAL ASSETS (Armenia)
- dvv international Regional Office for Caucasus and Turkey (Georgia)
- Research on Armenian Architecture NGO (RAA) (Armenia)