- Database of Materials
- Contact Database
- EaP Ministerial Conference on Culture
- Opportunities for EaP countries
- Have full access to database materials
- Learn from best practices
- Share knowledge and advice
- Network with your peers in Programme region and the EU
- Stay abreast of EaP Culture Programme developments
Project "Valorisation and Improving of Management of Small Historic Centers in the Eastern Partnership Region (VIVA EAST)"
Countries participating in the project
Duration: 24 months
VIVA EASTPART carried on a research on best practices in the field of long-term valorisation of cultural and environmental heritage in Europe and identification of Eastern Europe’s specificities with a team of international experts coordinated by experimented university researchers. These best practices were to be adapted to the context of small historic centres in Armenia (Tavush area), Moldova (Cahul county), and Romania (Hartibaciu Valley micro region).
Based on this research, VIVA EASTPART elaborated and presented a methodology for stakeholders and local actors engaged in spatial, cultural and tourism activities based on the valorisation of the cultural and environmental heritage from the three pilot areas. The VIVA methodology was intended to bring territorial added value through the integrated approach to cultural heritage and natural environment in the pilot areas. Also, the Project aimed at creating an international network and facilitating the adoption of this common methodology throughout the Eastern partnership region.
The activities in the local areas (action plans and pilot projects) and the running of the digital identity, to stimulate the stakeholder’s participation and the promotion of local experiences and values, had the purpose of testing the methodology and stimulating the sustainable economic development in the areas.
OBJECTIVES & ACTIVITIES
Goal: Bringing territorial added value by an integrated approach of cultural heritage
- Smart reinforcement of Small Historic Center and Landscape Systems.
- Participatory integrated actions of heritage enhancement.
- Enhancement of EaP cultural heritage.
- Local development through joint activities in the Network.
The main steps in implementing VIVA EAST consist of:
- Defining and developing an integrated methodology on conservation led sustainable development in small historic centers in the Eastern Partnership area.
- Raising awareness through actions at the national and local level regarding the potential of the cultural and environmental heritage of small historic centres as a resource for smart growth and sustainable development.
- Identification of interested stakeholders and local actors together with whom we will elaborate an action plan in each pilot area for the economic development of the three small historic centres through activities that will promote the cultural and environmental heritage as main values.
- Dialogue between researchers, public authorities, economic actors and local community members in order to elaborate promote in an integrated manner the cultural heritage, to develop a common identity and to attract tourists.
- Workshops that will analyse the problems and solution of the three areas engaged in the project in order to find real answers for the sustainable economic development
- Implementation of pilot projects in Romania- Hartibaciu Valley microregion, Armenia- Tavush area and Moldavia- Cahul county.
IMAGE GALLERY: http://www.flickr.com/people/viva_east/
Armenia, Italy, Moldova, Romania
- Association for Urban Transition (Romania)
- Cross Border Cooperation and European Integration Agency (Moldova)
- Architecture and Town Planning Department of Polytechnic of Bari University (Italy)
- ARMECAS Armenian Ecotourism Association NGO (Armenia)